Main Menu

New game adaptations

Started by Petari, 05-09-2022, 21:33:50

Previous topic - Next topic

dakidski

2023, please give us a new hdd image soon. Love from Denmark.
  •  

Petari

Working on it. Not only new adapts but some new systems of data access on hard disks/Flash cards.

Petari

Quote from: dakidski on 28-05-2023, 22:58:292023, please give us a new hdd image soon. Love from Denmark.

I worked a lot on updates in last 2 months. New image is almost completed. Added about 30 games, and screenshots in medium, high-res too. Then useful info for games: on what monitors it work, usable controllers, game category ...  All it needs plenty of time to update all for over 1700 games, so there will be a lot to deal with, until I guess end of this year.  Game starting system is same. Disk access is improved too, especially useful for machines with less RAM. And those who don't like flashing (fading by old disk access system).
And latest feature:  videos of gameplay playable on Atari self - STE in first place, with ST will have no sound.  I did mods on my old LAV player SW, so it works smooth with now popular adapters as SD4ST and ACSI2STM, US .  More on this page: HAGA(E) improvements
Contact me with e-mail for details about DL .
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: dakidski

dakidski

•  

Petari

•  
    The following users thanked this post: dakidski

Petari

Karting GP
Steel Empire

New compil. for TOS 1.00-1.02 is under work. That needs lot of editing, testing, mostly because different partition sizes . Will be ready in couple days.  Well, it is strongly recommended to upgrade TOS in such case - work with mass storage will be much better.
  •  

dakidski

Quote from: Petari on 14-07-2023, 20:34:04New compilation done.

Wooohooooo!!!! I'm trying to email you!
  •  

dakidski

Been trying out a lot of games tonight. Notes:
Jewels of Darkness also has a high res mono mode.
  •  

Petari

Petari

And more new adapts, for now on compil. for Usual TOS versions.
Afrika Korps
Aventures de Moktar - it is actually French v. of Titus the Fox, with human character as player
American Pool
Bob Winner
Captain America
Circus Games
Club Backgammon
Disciples of Steel
Double Dragon 2
Double Dragon 3
Eden Blues
Fate Master
Fighter Command
Masque
Prince
Quiz Wizard
Rings of Zilfin
Shuffleboard
Versailles Story
Warlock

YT video of Circus Games

Petari

Day at the Races https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yyzsKUOnIA
Caesar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0RdvL-j08E
Viz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozSLR9JiPR8
Snacman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2b3Q96nvQA
Latest is pretty good PacMan clone, with optional STE DMA audio instead PSG one (as is on STs), more than 16 colors at once on screen. Seems for me as harder one (or I'm just still to weak). Of course, there are some cheat options.  And in YT video can see count of my hard disk adapt DIRs - 2023, in compilation.
There will be not much more adapts from me . Practically 99% of quality ST games were done already. 
This is last compil. with size of 3.5 (to fit on min 4 GB Flash cards). Next will be 7 GB - what is limit of size accessible with usual TOS versions (1.04 and higher), and that will leave space for many state saves, screenshots, pictures . Not to mention that today will hardly find SD cards with lower capacity (like below 16 GB). Plus real capacity of some 8 GB card is actually close to 7 GB (always some 5-15% less) .
Feel free to write me in e-mail if interested.  petari@8bitchip.info   . Please write about your config - Atari model, TOS version, RAM size, used storage adapters ...

•  
    The following users thanked this post: alexh

dakidski

I'd love a copy of this 'final' 4gb image! Is it possible? You know my email, regards, Asger.
  •  

Petari

Actually there will be one more 3.5 GB image in few days. Couple games more, and I work on code what will generate statistic of all titles, DIRs in GAMELIST - because there are aka names for some games, and they point to same DIR (don't see sense to add other version just because different title). Then, there are games with multiple versions, games with some enhancements (Uridium, OIDS, Dungeon Master , etc ...) .
7 GB image will not come soon - I want to add lot of new screenshots, pictures ...
And feedback can make me more motivated in that :-)
  •