Case of Preimer Manager II

Started by Petari, 28-02-2023, 11:09:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Petari

page link
It has average rating 10 (8 votes) - WOW  :)
And there is fresh comment about problems with Cynix crack .
That pulled my attention, and I decided to look, especially as this seems as worth to to hard disk adapt.
Yep, no STX image. On diverse pages mostly only that crack is DL-able . I looked menu disk list:
https://atari.8bitchip.info/MenuDG.html
And there are 3 cracks -beside Cynix there is D-Bug and Superior. Later on 1 floppy only.
Good to see differences between files - what can indicate corrupt ones. Well, not so simple, as they differ in many things. Plus, Superior just crashes right at start - and it is most likely corrupted copy or like. Some data is wrong, missing. Surely not TOS v. related.  Other 2 start, can play - of course I tested only briefly. And will do unusual - using them as source. As no better.
Much better would be to have images of original. Not copy protected (there is manual prot.) . And there is some packing, but really no much sense, as it is still on 2 floppies on that 2 what works.
And again at: how to motivate people that do images of originals. Yep, game is from 1993, so sales were not good for sure. And yes, possible that problems are because developers, programmers rushed, was not tested properly.  If so, I will need to ask Marakatti to remove that 1 before 0 at rating  :P
  •  

TheNameOfTheGame

There are a couple of cheap originals on ebay.

Is .SCP format ok for you if I get one and image the disks?
  •  

Petari

Cool. Yes, it will be good for me and community. And SCP can be converted to STX (Aufit) .
You can do ST images too - as it is most likely not copy protected. Format is 720 KB , 2 disks.
There are files, but after start it goes with DFC, not via TOS. Manual prot. activates soon.
Will be interesting to compare direct done ST images with those converted from SCP. My vote is that will be same. Let's hope that disks are still in good shape.
  •  

TheNameOfTheGame

Ok, sounds good, I'll let you know when the disks get here.
  •