Main Menu

Bard's Tale not working

Started by Gordo, 12-09-2022, 18:00:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordo

Has anyone gotten Bard's Tale to work properly by hard disk? It will load up just past the title screen but then it will ask for me to insert a disk? Any help would be great.

System: 1040 STF with TOS 1.04 with ICD ACSI compatible adapter.
  •  

Shaoth

Bard's Tale works on my Atari. I can create a party and enter the city.
Mega STE, 4mb, TOS 2.06
  •  

Petari

Quote from: Gordo on 12-09-2022, 18:00:31Has anyone gotten Bard's Tale to work properly by hard disk? It will load up just past the title screen but then it will ask for me to insert a disk? Any help would be great.

System: 1040 STF with TOS 1.04 with ICD ACSI compatible adapter.

Do you have attached floppy disk drive or some replacement for it (Gotek, HxC) ?
If yes, should keep some floppy in it, without relevant data on it.
If no, that might be the reason.  Other usual problem is too much RAM used by hard disk driver. What hard disk driver is on that disk ? RAM size in 1040 ?
  •  

Gordo

I'll try the floppy trick. I have a real floppy and a Gotek that I swap out. The 1040 only has 1meg of RAM. Your driver, AICD101 I think.
  •  

Shaoth

I have no floppy disk in the drive  ;)
  •  

Shaoth

The party save work very well on the HD.
A HAGA version will be the must, but not not necessary
  •  

Gordo

No luck with a disk in the drive. The game still asks for disk B.
  •  

Petari

There will be HAGA version soon . 
  •  

Petari

I think that not talking about same version. Just tested it little, and it crashes with 4 MB RAM (not rare case). It will be HAGE version, not HAGA - what means complete TOS 1.04 in RAM - thanks to some AES calls in game.
  •  

Petari

Made HAGE v.
Page with DL
Page is not updated yet, just download.
And to add: with only 1 MB RAM it needs clean boot, without ACCs, resident SW. HAGE needs little more free RAM than HAGA, Gamex.
  •  

Shaoth

HAGE version is working very well
  •  

Gordo

Many thanks. I'll try it out tonight.
  •  

Gordo

Just did a quick test. It works! This is great. The ST version of Bard's Tale is probably the best of all the ports.
  •