How to see all the disk partitions on the PC?

Started by Anemos, 16-02-2013, 00:00:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Anemos

Maybe I've asked before, but do not remember well ..
I can only see the first partition C, which is about 256mb.
There uploading files and via of the ST transfer the files  to other disk partitions.
Is there a way (or program) to see all the partitions on the PC, and transfer the files from there?
Im,using U.S Disk and 4GB Sd card,v0.98 HD drivers.
My system: Atari STE 4MB, OS: SuperTOS 2.06, HD: US/disk 4gb SDcard ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers, USB mouse adapter by me, PSX controller joy adapter by me,  full list of adaption,s games by Petari.
Second Atari machine: 1040 STF
Other: 2X Lilliput Atari 130 XE
  •  

Petari

I have page with solution for some years:     http://atari.8bitchip.info/multpremxp.html

Don't know is it good with Windows 7, but worked with Vista too.

This is just one of many stoopid limitations/solutions in Windowses - and I really don't see the point of it.
  •  

Anemos

Oh yes i know about the EASEUS partitioner ,i can see the partitions right.. but how can transfer files ?
Im searching for easy way transfer files, something like commander prog, or something.. :)
WIN-XP is my system.
My system: Atari STE 4MB, OS: SuperTOS 2.06, HD: US/disk 4gb SDcard ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers, USB mouse adapter by me, PSX controller joy adapter by me,  full list of adaption,s games by Petari.
  •  

Petari

All what you need is at start of page - before partitioning. It is just addition - because you can not partition more than 1 too.

Commander like program can not help here - it sees only what Windows allows to see.
So DL driver, depack and perform registry changes - not the simplest way, but I don't know for better.
  •  

Anemos

Understood, but it is difficult for me, I prefer to transfer via ST then from C to other partitions.
I use KKcomander very good, but seem to be having trouble, is like filling up the memory buffer after many files.
Have you prefer other file manager program?
thanks
  •  

Anemos

Nice, is this on English version also ?
  •  

qq1975b

I had lots of problems with Kobold 2 copying files from one CF to another on Falcon and TT. It makes the copy (really really fast) but then the copied files don't work properly....so I had to make traditional TOS copies  :(
Is there any english guide in how to use Kobold? configuration of cache memory is quite unclear  :-\

I suppose there is no way to see all partitions made with PPera HDD driver on a Windows 7 64 bit system, isn't it?  I have read about the 32 bit driver but it doesn't work on 64 bit system. Maybe Live CD Ubuntu can?
  •  

Petari

Kobold2 is not ready for TT and Falcon, I guess.  But there is Kobold3 - should try with it ... I will soon .

Ubuntu or any newer Linux should see all partitions. It worked for me couple years ago - I don't see why it work not now.

I'm about to install Ubuntu Studio - actually I did it, but Grub config failed (it seems as common error with Ubuntu) - so I need some time to figure it out .  But I can try it in Live mode ... will do it this evening.
  •  

qq1975b

Quote from: Petari on 21-04-2013, 16:06:08
Kobold2 is not ready for TT and Falcon, I guess.  But there is Kobold3 - should try with it ... I will soon .

Ubuntu or any newer Linux should see all partitions. It worked for me couple years ago - I don't see why it work not now.

I'm about to install Ubuntu Studio - actually I did it, but Grub config failed (it seems as common error with Ubuntu) - so I need some time to figure it out .  But I can try it in Live mode ... will do it this evening.

Kobold 3? I didn't know it exists. I will look for it.
By the way, when I wrote about the windows driver...it is your driver  :)

•  

Petari

Windows driver is not mine exactly - I just googled for sopution some years ago.

I tried Ubuntu and Mint Live DVDs with some SD cards. Situation is not good really.  It recognises only partitions below 256MB, and saw only first partition of 3 - first was 255, second 511, third 122 . Why it saw not third ? I don't know, but it is just not OK.  But surprisingly it recognised 3 partitions on AHDI partitioned SD cards - 30MB partitions. But did not accept first one, of same size. Very strange things ... 

I DL-ing now Fedora and Gento - will try with them . I should be better ...

I have somewhere Kobold 3 . Will look after ...

•  

Petari

I found thread with SW and guide how to do it on 64-bit Windows. Basically same as 32-bit thing.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1655684
  •  

qq1975b

I will try it this evening  :)

thank you.
  •  

Petari

I found some better solutions, and simple installing:
http://agnipulse.com/2012/03/filter-drivers-removable-media-fixed-disk-windows/

Tried Dummydisk and it works fine - only bad thing, as seems is need for Windows restart after install.  Will try diskmod yet.

I tried diskmod - and it was disaster !  Don't do same mistake as me !  I still have not working USB, after I lost for some time access to most of hard disk partitions.  This piece of shit even has no uninstall option ...

•  

qq1975b

:o luckly, yesterday on the morning I  had not the time to install diskmod.sys but I did the timetesting ON and downloaded the files before reading the edited post...too close  :P

Ok, today I will install dummydisk. Hope it works on  W7 64  :)
  •