Adaptation of games continues ..

Started by Anemos, 04-11-2010, 15:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

pandafox

Quote from: Petari on 21-06-2011, 14:25:56
Quote from: pandafox on 20-06-2011, 19:46:20
ohohoh ! Today I can see CAPTIVE !!!

You are welcome ...  But must say here that Captive was done already couple months ago. It is now just updated for TT.

Some people having problems to read whole game list ??  It is sorted by latest update/posting date by deault. But may change to alphabetical order if click on proper field. And there is scroll bar too :-)

oh... mmm....  sorry....
Why I didn't see before ? I don't know, maybe I shoud buy glasses.....

By the way, I have graphics problem with Captain blood.
It seems resolution problem....  Do you want I take a photo of it ?
  •  

Petari

Captain Blood will be updated - it is old adapt, and needs GOS.
And I will see about Crazy Cars 3 too ...
  •  

Petari

Quote from: munchy on 21-06-2011, 20:29:44
Hello,
I seem to have a couple of issues with crazy cars 3
Firstly ste tos 1.62 and1.06,ultrasatan and your driver:choose training mode from the main map and click on New York star[circuit].All the other cars are up in the air
I cant get past the intro under hd driver 8.13.Which version of hd driver do you test with?

I test mostly with Hddriver 8.23 .   7.80 is also good. But versions 8.xx up to 8.20 are problematic. So, try to get mentined ones. Or latest 8.30,  8.40 ...
I updated Crazy Cars 3. Tested it some time on TT and Mega STE. Didn't notice problems.
  •  

Petari

Quote from: munchy on 21-06-2011, 20:29:44
Hello,
I seem to have a couple of issues with crazy cars 3

Firstly ste tos 1.62 and1.06,ultrasatan and your driver:choose training mode from the main map and click on New York star[circuit].All the other cars are up in the air

OK, after some hours spent I found the problem with New York ( + Chicago ). One file was corrupted. Likely happened because some bug in Steem or Pasti, when I copied files from floppy images. It is pretty annoying to see such things, and is very hard to perform some simple check for it ...
Considering intro:  don't break intro (with space) on Falcon, TT . Then it will stuck. With Hddriver 8.23 game starts well when let intro until end.  DL update at usual place.
  •  

munchy

HI and many thanks for cc3 update i see you have had fun with it :)May i make a request......asteroids deluxe or maybe the other way round,with the option to turn off the extremely annoying sound that goes with it,it gives me a headache >:(but i like the game

Also i could not access the game archive section whilst searching for it,dont know if this a temporary problem?

cheers
  •  

Petari

Asteroid Deluxe ... yeah, it's nice game, although theme is little boring  :)  No problemos, I'll jump on it.
Game archive is down because they now ask money for domain, which was free before. I will not pay them.
Will look for some other hosting solution. As temporary may be to post all archive files to 8bitchip , but here is not much space left.

Anyone has couple GB WEBhost space free, for low traffic content ?
  •  

Petari

Done Asteroid Deluxe. Was pretty easy. Hardest part was to find some proper picture  :)   Alert sound is turnable off .
  •  

munchy

Thank you for speedy adaptation of asteroids deluxe.It works well but has shown up the limitations of my supera colour hd st to vga converter.I Knew the ships firing was small from playing on my tv but playing it through the box on a vga monitor and it is almost invisible!.......Obviously never heard of supera colour hd box in 1989 :)  It is the first issue i have come across with this box though apart from the blurred medium rez which i dont really use and i much prefer it to scan lines (even retro ones ;)) Its a pretty good setup really, i use a monitor master switch for low rez from the supera and direct for high rez into a 2 input crt

cc3 - so far so good,and thanks for the sound option for asteroids,it is comfortable now, no more paracetamol  ;)

Cheers and keep up the good work
  •  

Petari

Considering bad visibility of small red items on Atari ST attached monitors:  it is known problem. Best is visible on direct connected RGB monitor.
According to what you wrote considering bad medium res. visibility, I'm pretty sure that your converter is working with not RGB video from ST, but composite, or is just bad quality. 
When I bought my first ST in 1987 I connected it to video input of my TV (composite). Pic was good, but not much better than via modulator (antenna input). Especially gauges in Flight Simulator 2 were bad visible (red ones). So, I added myself RGB input to that TV. With RGB it was much-much better. See this :  http://atari.8bitchip.info/stvid.php
  •  

munchy

QuoteI'm pretty sure that your converter is working with not RGB video from ST, but composite, or is just bad quality. 

Hmm, its certainly using rgb from st because i wired scart RGB.Low resolution is actually very good but the thing that surprised me that made most difference was bridge rectifier/capacitors power supply renewal.There was a marked difference in display and detail.

...so why blurred medium res i do not know
  •  

Hempsa

Would it be possible to get a good adaption of Super Cars. Most floppy version cracks crash in level 4, or at least it gets messed up (wrong track graphics loaded). Thanks in advance :)
  •  

Petari

Surely that it is possible  :)

However, from now there are some rules in this:  you need to contribute. So, first thing is to add problematic cracks in thread 'Bad cracks ...'. With enough details.
Why I became such dick ?  ;D  Maybe expected something after #500  ::)
  •  

Hempsa

Ok, I'll try to do some testing when I find some spare time ;D
  •  

Anemos

can added also the "Flying Shark" is a nice game..
My system: Atari STE 4MB, OS: SuperTOS 2.06, HD: US/disk 4gb SDcard ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers, USB mouse adapter by me, PSX controller joy adapter by me,  full list of adaption,s games by Petari.
Second Atari machine: 1040 STF
Other: 2X Lilliput Atari 130 XE
  •  

Petari

I added Flying Shark + Fusion , get here:  http://atari.8bitchip.info/ASTGA/astgam.php

Warp is under work - will add soon. After it little pause with scrolling shooters  :D
  •