Zone Warrior

Started by ataricrypt, 24-06-2017, 10:37:19

Previous topic - Next topic

ataricrypt

AtariCrypt . . stay cool & stay ATARI ST
Atari MEGA STe | Atari STe | MiNT OS 1-19 Aranym OS X
  •  

Petari

Ahh ...  I was started with it in 2013  :)  But somehow it was forgotten in middle of all my other activities.
Will come on my work desk soon, with couple other orphans, I promise  ::)
  •  

ataricrypt

hehe I can imagine. Look forward to it mate - thanks :)
  •  

Petari

Here is it:   http://atari.8bitchip.info/TestMe/ZONEWAR.ZIP
Pls. some heavy stress test !   :)
  •  

ataricrypt

Downloaded. Will playtest tomorrow :D Thank you!
  •  

ataricrypt

Spent the last hour playing and this was using your nifty level select feature. So I played Medieval and Holocaust levels. Zero issues!!
Not tested the lives until just now. Playing prehistoric now with that enabled. I'm seeing no problems... and loving the quick loading times :D

Will play some more tonight
  •  

ataricrypt

Earlier was in Hatari.
Tonight I copied over to my STe computer and played the Egypt level. Boring report to make Peter, but no issues to mention. (but that's a good thing right) lol

Enjoying it! Let me know if there's anything specific which you think may need testing. But it plays like the floppy in terms of reliability.
  •  

Petari

Thanx Ataricrypt. It was troublesome (as almost all your requests  ;D ) - although this time I did unlucky choice with Superior crk. instead Replicants. It appeared as bad - zone 5 works not at all, + messy code at some parts. So, some hours of work went in bad direction - because they failed to check is zone 5 works, despite there is selector at start. Additionally, Stonish.net says for it  "fully working" - I think that some really don't get that people reads what writes there, and not what is in their mind  :)

Good speed is result of my repacking - it is little longer now, but depacks 10x faster. Unfortunately, I needed to do repack 2x for all 28 files.
  •  

ataricrypt

I appreciate your efforts mate. This is a pretty good game, I wasn't too happy with the Egypt level when I reviewed it... but I enjoyed myself with it yesterday. I guess it grown on me!
Sorry for the troublesome reqs ;)
  •