Main Menu

Speedball 2 - crash?

Started by bluemonday, 20-10-2015, 16:32:53

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemonday

Hi, thanks for putting all the hard drive-compatible games up for download.

I've been playing Speedball 2 on my 4MB STE (TOS 2.06) and it occasionally crashes at random during play. This is quite often when you are about to collect a power up from the pitch - although it happens at other points in a match too.

Has anyone else had this? And is it fixable? Thanks.
  •  

ataricrypt

The only time I've had issues with PP's adapted games is when my STE boots up with auto folder apps or ACC's active.
So i tend to boot with a clean TOS 2.06 and then all is fine. hth + good luck : )
AtariCrypt . . stay cool & stay ATARI ST
Atari MEGA STe | Atari STe | MiNT OS 1-19 Aranym OS X
  •  

bluemonday

Thanks. I've checked and there isn't anything else running at boot apart from the main Ultrasatan driver. I've also installed a switcher for TOS 1.62/2.06 to test both and the same thing is happening: usually two or three bombs or a game freeze.
  •  

Petari

I will check it at end of week.
  •  

bluemonday

•  

Petari

Fixed error, + solved ingame save/load to hard disk. Goal recording/replay works too.
  •  

bluemonday

It works brilliantly now. Thank you so much!  :)
  •  

bluemonday

I think I've spotted another problem. When a player gets injured, you hear the sirens and the 'injured' image is displayed but no substitute is made - the sirens go on and on and the game freezes. It happens in TOS 1.62 and TOS 2.06. Is this fixable?
  •  

bluemonday

I was just bumping this to see if anyone else had the problem = and if so, whether it might be fixable? Thank you
  •  

Petari

Quote from: bluemonday on 15-01-2016, 17:12:05
I was just bumping this to see if anyone else had the problem = and if so, whether it might be fixable? Thank you
Sorry, I missed it first time. Can you post somewhere snapshot of gamestate right before injury ? You need to press / on NumPad to save state, and then will have created file GS00.TOS - GSXX.TOS . May ZIP it and e-mail me - petari@8bitchip.info   .
  •  

Petari

Fixed the problem - was another nasty protection, well hidden. Get updated at usual loc ..
  •  

bluemonday

Great, thank you! I will try this and let you know if there are any other issues.
  •