Short Grey added to test section

Started by Petari, 02-03-2016, 22:49:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Petari

atari.8bitchip.info/TestMe/SHORTGRT.ZIP
French language only, very nice graphic. It was pretty much work to make it running from any directory and with HAGA.
Would like to hear how works on your Atari ST(E), Falcon, TT .
  •  

mushi

Cool, thank you Petari.
Alas! I cannot play the game.
The intro works fine, but after that the game asks to insert disk 1 in drive A, and press a key.
If I press a key then, the message comes back immediately, and I can't go any further.
Same problem under Steem and on my real falcon (clean boot)
  •  

Petari

I tested it on Mega STE, TT and in Steem of course - and works well, even if no floppy drive attached. Tried today on Falcon and there appears the problem you described.  I tried couple things, but did not help. Game has some very weird code to determine from which drive is ran, instead just using current path. So, will need more time to find what is exact problem on Falcon.
Considering Steem:  Steem 3.2 set to 4MB RAM, TOS 1.04 or 2.06, with GEMDOS drive as H or C , then hard disk emulation via Pasti - drive C - works in all those combinations.
What is your Steem version, and how is set ?
  •  

mushi

Now it's getting weird!
just performed some tests:
Steem 3.2 / 4MB RAM / TOS 1.04 -> same problem
Steem 3.2 / 4MB RAM / TOS 2.06 -> same problem
Steem 3.2 / 4MB RAM / TOS 1.62 -> same problem
same too with steem SSE 3.8.
Each test with gemdos drive as C:
???
  •  

Petari

Found the problem - file YOKI.BIN must be present too - after some changes I made.  Updated it on site. DL it - you need to unpack only file YOKI.BIN to subdir FILES in your install(s) .
  •  

mushi

much better, playing now :)
you will have some feedback soon.
The game seems hard, it gives very few hints.
  •  

ataricrypt

Nice one Peter, I'll take a gander at this :)
AtariCrypt . . stay cool & stay ATARI ST
Atari MEGA STe | Atari STe | MiNT OS 1-19 Aranym OS X
  •