Main Menu

request

Started by diamondspringwater, 19-02-2016, 17:57:59

Previous topic - Next topic

diamondspringwater

Can I request fun school series.
  •  

Petari

I looked it - not much available on Atarimania. Then, it is some strange combination of couple executables + BAS files - so not compiled, but interpreted in commercial version. Only TOS 1.00 and 1.02 compatible.  Probably possible to solve with some STOS fixer (mine is not good for those very old interpreters, just compiled games), but that's not enough for hard disk running. I tried with Fun School 2, Under 6 years, but there is too much problems.  So, I will not continue.
You may try to use with Floppy Image Runner - get cracked versions on single floppy - that will work 99% .
  •  

diamondspringwater

Thanks for trying
How about bureaucracy or some Infocom text adventures.
Not sure if you are looking for suggestions. Also is there any way to get tailspin game maker to work on the falcon, I have an original but it crashes on falcon after a few seconds.
Thanks
  •  

Petari

Textual adventures ? Anyone plays them ?  :)  That should not be hard to do, I guess. Will see.
Things are that I prepare new version of Floppy Image Runner, what will be able to run much more SW, with less RAM.  And that should be very good for games like Fun School serial and probably that Talespin (not tail) Game Creator .  Things are that adapting TOS calling games to HAGA system is often very troublesome - there is some really strange code and solutions in many of them, it's hard to solve support for ingame loads/saves, etc.  Floppy Image Runner will make games like running from floppy A + possible B, and with regular TOS, but with option to use RamTos by need. Without extra RAM for hard disk driver - but all will work form it, and all saves will go in floppy images.  So, you will have lot of games to test in it - of course not everything will work, but fixing TOS calling games for it will be much less work for me.   
  •  

diamondspringwater

Mindshadow, borrowed time  :) maybe
  •  

Petari

Mindshadow:
http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/mindshs.html
It's older - let me know it works not on Falcon.

Borrowed Time is already on my list, but not much time in last month for games. Where I can borrow some + time ?  :)
Will see ... maybe this weekend .
  •  

diamondspringwater

Sorry I didn't see mindshadow on the list, I looked at your instructions for adapting games for harddrive use I am going to try borrowed time when I get a chance. I have only used the hex editor once so we'll see how it goes. Thank you for having this website is there a place we can donate.
  •  

Petari

Borrowed Time needs much more than hex editing file paths. I looked it, and there is copy protection, some strange floppy tests and like. Probably will do it at weekend. You plan to run it on Falcon, isn't ?  Considering donations - no special page for it. May do on my PayPal address: petari@8bitchip.info  .
  •  

Petari

As I see there are 3 Interplay games with same or almost same PRG file. Borrowed Time, Mindshadow and Tass Times. That PRG/code is very old, and has some problems in higher TOS versions, mostly Falcon.
I post here link for Borrowed Time fixed for hard disk run:  atari.8bitchip.info/TestMe/BORROWTM.ZIP
It works well, except on Falcon, where keyboard input appears on top of screen instead bottom.

Maybe is worth to disassemble main PRG and do necessary corrections, but that needs more time.
  •  

Petari

I disassembled Borrowed Time and fixed it for Falcon too.
DL is same for updated v:  atari.8bitchip.info/TestMe/BORROWTM.ZIP

Would be good if can test it. If is OK, I will update Tass Times and Mindshadow too .
  •  

diamondspringwater

:) borrowed time and mindshadow seem to work good . Tass times doesn't go past the first screen. All on the falcon. I haven't tried the mste yet.
  •  

Petari

On Falcon may happen that starts not from first. Maybe it's more stable with caches turned off.
  •