Question about .msa and .st

Started by seblalisse, 01-04-2016, 09:31:02

Previous topic - Next topic

seblalisse

Hello

I'm looking for a software that could convert msa files and .st, from hard disk to hard disk if possible, in files readable on Atari machines directly.

I have MSA 2.3 but its not possible to convert msa to hard disk and it doesn't convert st files.

And witch soft convert st files to files executable on a real atari ???

Thanks for your help.

•  

Petari

That's not so simple. ST and MSA are disk image files, which may contain multiple files, directories. But may be that there are no files at all.
What you can do with image files is to extract files, compete directories from them.
Here is SW what can do it:   http://atari.8bitchip.info/floimgd.php
If you don't have floppy drive in PC, you don't need to install fdrawcmd driver. Will get error message at start about missing driver, but you can work with image files.   Open Another Image File selects ST or MSA file, and then you can go in File transfer to see files, and extract them.
Work with MSA files may be little simpler - in case of ST files may need to set self disk geometry, what requires some practice.

Conversion to executables is not possible with some SW, that's complicated process.
  •  

seblalisse

Thanks for your replies.

Wich format is the lzh one ?

How can use it ?

Have a nice week end
  •  

Petari

LZH is old archive (package) format. There is Atari SW for extracting files from it, but I really can't remember which exactly. On PC should do it with Total Commander, WinRAR.
  •  

seblalisse

•