Main Menu

Cannon Fodder hangs.

Started by Official Ninja, 12-02-2015, 23:14:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Official Ninja

Trying to play the new enhanced music version of Cannon Fodder on USA STE 4mb UltraSatan and whatever the last version of your HDD driver you sent me. Game launches get to the screen with flower, music starts playing, and I can't get past this part. Just stays the music playing in a loop forever.

•  

Petari

Yes, I expected that it may be problem there. This game has still not too good input (IKBD chip) reading code - made by same team as Intern. 3D Tennis.  I did not patch that code, because was able to abort music play at start after multiple, and longer mouse clicks. So, pls. try the same.
I will do some patching later. That's pretty frustrating and slow part of game fixing ..
  •  

Official Ninja

got it to work by clicking slowly and repetitively at the flower screen.
  •  

Anemos

So.. try this: run the "RUNACSI" space to continue.. and again pressing space, for next screens preesing 3-4 time the fire button of the mouse.
My system: Atari STE 4MB, OS: SuperTOS 2.06, HD: US/disk 4gb SDcard ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers, USB mouse adapter by me, PSX controller joy adapter by me,  full list of adaption,s games by Petari.
Second Atari machine: 1040 STF
Other: 2X Lilliput Atari 130 XE
  •  

Petari

I will fix this in next days - parallel with writing article about bad IKBD programming on Atari ST machines.
  •  

Petari

•  

Anemos

I copy the game on other partition disk "E" and not run, : " Error in getting file location"
If run the normal "RUNME.tos " runs well.. why?
RUNACSI runs only from C partition?
My system: Atari STE 4MB, OS: SuperTOS 2.06, HD: US/disk 4gb SDcard ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers, USB mouse adapter by me, PSX controller joy adapter by me,  full list of adaption,s games by Petari.
  •  

Petari

RUNACSI can access max 1GB disk space. So, only C and D on usual config. I added in meantime RUNICD.TOS - that can access much more. DL at usual place.
There were problems accessing site yesterday evening. Hope it will be OK now ..
  •  

Anemos

Hello, all my partitions is 512MB max, i test in to the D same alsw, only from C can be run..
Thanks for your time.
  •  

Petari

I will post you driver update ...
  •  

Anemos

•  

Anemos

I test the new drivers, all is ok! i make 14X512MB partition on a SD 8GB !
The cannon Fodder working fine on "E" partition .. i make collection folders alphabetic game names on different partitions..
Now the problem is the new transferred 1000+ folders on new partitions..
  •  

Anemos

•  

ataricrypt

I've had some issues lately (during gameplay) with Cannon Fodder hanging. I've defragged the hard drive (ultrasatan). And it's stored on partition D using the latest HD Driver I bought last year. (darn should I have bought PP's driver?). Everything runs fine, until the hang! I can get by this by saving regular but that's not ideal.

Gutted :/
Any ideas, folks?

Thanks, Steve
AtariCrypt . . stay cool & stay ATARI ST
Atari MEGA STe | Atari STe | MiNT OS 1-19 Aranym OS X
  •  

Petari

Hard disk driver should be not issue, because it is not used by audio playback - there is low level simple driver in SW - that's why there is separated ACSI and IDE version. Fragmentation will not cause hanging, but mixing sample sections, so some messy playback. Since you are only who reported problem after correcting IKBD code, I tend to think that it is your machine's age what is problem. This game + audio playback pushes STE to max.  Unfortunately I have no time for some longer playing .  Did you check/replace PSU capacitors ?
  •