Main Menu

Another request

Started by tophe38, 16-05-2016, 11:19:16

Previous topic - Next topic

tophe38

Hi Peter,

Please, would you add to your convertion to HD list, the following games :
- Get Dexter II, the next step of Crafton & Xunk.
- From the same author, Macadam Bumper, old, but cool.
- A nice multi plane simulator call Fighter Bomber.

Also, Crazy Cars II is missing from your webpage, but I can found it in your pre-build 1GB image. But it don't seems to work. It return immediatly to GEM (low res, and blue color). Tested on Atari STE 2MB, TOS 2.06, from IDE CF using your driver.

Edit : Crazy Cars II from your download work correctly, sorry for the mistake.

Regards,
Chris
  •  

Petari

Good games indeed. Some from your list I already started, but not much time currently.
  •  

tophe38

Nice  :)

Maybe, after your fix mega lo mania, maybe you could add Populous (1 & 2) ?

Regards,
Chris
  •  

Petari

Did Macadam Bumper and Populous.
Get Dexter II with different title is here (if I see it correct):  http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/angedc.html

Would be good if someone French write couple words about game Necron. It has good music, and is original. But I don't have clue what is goal, how to play.
  •  

tophe38

Hi Peter,

Thanks for Macadam and Populous, it's a nice addition  :D
Sorry, I search for English name of Crafton&Xunk (Get Dexter), not original french  :-[

Unfortunatly, Macadam Bumper gets stuck at title screen, with "Keyboard Problem" written at bottom right.
I test it under steem and on my real STE, TOS 1.62/2.06, 2MB, french TOS.

I give a try to Necron. Really strange game, only in French. I don't know it before your adapt it. Maybe I remember an advertise in some old french magazine.

On my STE loading keep fade in/out title screen, so, digitalized music or voice is start/stop. Game is really strange, difficult to use, since interacting is bad. I don't know if by clicking on icon it changes actions type (change from pick up, drop or give), or apply action.
Even during loading, screen keeps fade in/out.

From french advertise, here a rougth english translation (even in French, sentence is ... special)
"Necron is a mixture of adventure and arcade( or action) that has simmered in the secret pot of 16/32Diffusion programmers"

"A door opened in a violent tear of space and time.
You're APTOR, and for you, horror begins ... now."

No manual found, so difficult to know what to do.

Chris
  •  

Petari

I tried Macadam with French TOS and then that Keyboard Problem appears. I did English version of game because it has no copy protection as French v. has, + I guess that more people prefers E. version.
Probably will be able to fix that Keyboard Problem soon ..
  •  

Petari

I fixed Macadam Bumper for French TOS. Guess that now need to use English key layout in designer.
  •  

tophe38

Hi Peter,

Thanks for fixing it. I suspect such issue (TOS language).

Also, nice for Populous II  (and other games) :D

I also notice your HAGA system, and I hope I will have time to use it (But I will contact you about your drimg application, i'm currently porting on Qt5, and wish to extend it).

Regards,
Chris
  •  

Petari

Quote from: tophe38 on 26-05-2016, 14:27:21
Hi Peter,
I also notice your HAGA system, and I hope I will have time to use it (But I will contact you about your drimg application, i'm currently porting on Qt5, and wish to extend it). ...

Great. Would be good if someone else - because at moment I'm only who deals with "porting" ST games to mass storage go in that. Of course, some 68000 ASM knowledge is necessary. I think that I have good base of template source files, where need only to perform minimal changes - like correcting some file sizes, file names and like for making it for another game.
I will add to page   http://atari.8bitchip.info/hagaguide.php 
another system, on what worked last weeks - it's floppy image based, and is good for games with little problematic code. where file based RAMdisk fails.
Populous, Necron were done with it.
  •  

tophe38

Hi Peter,

Thanks for porting another set of nice game.

Macadam Bumper is working nice, but I did not remember ball has such a strange behavior  :-X

Another request, please. Would you give a look at "North & South".
It's a nice RTS, base on a nice french comics.

Regards,
Tophe

•