Adaptation of games continues ..

Started by Anemos, 04-11-2010, 15:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Petari

Already updated about 40 games with HAGA . But it sometimes goes slow. And especially when game works not on TT, Falcon. I want to make all compatible, but with some it is really hard (Voyager). You know, I must think on diverse users  :)
Blasteroids will be done soon, Invaders too, and Overscan Invaders as new title too ...
  •  

Official Ninja

Quote from: Petari on 19-03-2012, 10:58:29
Already updated about 40 games with HAGA . But it sometimes goes slow. And especially when game works not on TT, Falcon. I want to make all compatible, but with some it is really hard (Voyager). You know, I must think on diverse users  :)
Blasteroids will be done soon, Invaders too, and Overscan Invaders as new title too ...

Both invaders and blasteroids work well. Thank you.
  •  

munchy

Hello,I was wondering if operation wolf could be adapted at some point,good easy game to play for my grandson,point and shoot :)and dont forget that hard drive partitioner,would be good to have an alternative to hd driver.

cheers
  •  

Petari

Operation Wolf is already done, some 3 years ago. But it needs update, since is RAMdisk based, and requires lot of RAM.
As I catch some time and strength, I will do it.
Yes, partitioner - I'm on it to solve problems related.
  •  

munchy

Thanks for speedy update of op wolf,i have been using the earlier version which seems to work well,ill let you  know how it goes with this version
cheers  ;)
  •  

Petari

New adapt. is based on original STX images. But as I see it is not same game version as what I used in older one. In any case, I tested it until end some 5 times, and it is OK (after fixing bug at last level).  Despite some suspicious reviews, where they talk about high quality console conversion, I think that this is done poorly - code is very machine speed dependant - and slows down too much when is lot of on screen, + bugs.
  •  

Anemos

Im back! :D
i see a lot new adaptions good work ppera.
My system: Atari STE 4MB, OS: SuperTOS 2.06, HD: US/disk 4gb SDcard ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers, USB mouse adapter by me, PSX controller joy adapter by me,  full list of adaption,s games by Petari.
Second Atari machine: 1040 STF
Other: 2X Lilliput Atari 130 XE
  •  

xatari

I just tested most of your latest adaptations, they work very well! I merely noticed Elf did not have in-game music on my falcon, but it has some on your video!
  •  

Petari

I will check Elf on Falcon again. Often sound is worse and silencer on Falcon than on other Atari machines (not 100% compatible HW), so me with my old ears notice things not so good  :) 
  •  

Petari

Fixed ingame music play for Falcon in Elf .  ZIP file updated .
  •  

MadMax2023

Many thanks for your awesome work.
You never keep motivation and work very hard to adapt all these games. Amazing  ;)
And moreover you are listening to all questions and request! it's something very rare.

I have to say too that your games are working well on my computer. It needed a long time for me to understand how to make them compatible, but now all the games that are supposed to work are working.
  •  

MadMax2023

(and thanks for your last adaptation i asked : ikari warriors, midnight resistance, i will play it tonight)
  •  

èné

Hello there! Still in the adaptation mood as I can see  ;D

Simple question: so it seems you've been  're-working' your adaptations  so that they can run without any extra stuff, i'm actually  refering to Gamex and stuff like that.. (I remember i read something about that somewhere on your site).  Baal, which i've just downloaded (again), is currently playing on Steem (no gamex mode)... What is the purpose of it all ? is it to make things simpler for everyone  when they want to test your work ? I like the idea anyway..

As for my question, i'd like to know if you plan to re-work all of your adaptations, is there an exhaustive list somewhere for games that no longer need the Gamex engine. I already know about baal. What about BAT 2, Warhead, Metal Master, Crazy Cars 2... Do they still need to be run under Gamex ?

thanks for carrying on your work
  •  

Petari

All latest adapts are made with HAGA - nimber is now about 100, including updates of old versions. It is easy to know - because of chronological order of table (default). Another clue: if DL page has light green BG color it is HAGA. Third hint: if there is RUNME.TOS instead START.TOS it is HAGA.
Intention is to make adapts. in form usable for more users - in first place Falcon users with 1GB partitions (what was not supported in old), then those unable or lazy to set Hddriver RAM usage. And not to forget people with some less popular hard disk drivers.
Old system has still some advantages - speed in first place , + is still more straight when game saves are in question etc. But nothing is perfect, or best in all aspects.  HAGA still has support for old disk access (only with my drivers), so not much is really lost.
And why I talk so much, when all above is described on site ...

Considering BAT 2, Warhead etc. If you'd read usage, you'd know the answer. Point is not in Gamex, but in files D15R...   .
Since Warhead uses not them, you can run it without mounted hard disk image on Steem.

OK, here is complete list of HAGA adapts:

By date, backwards

Iron Lord
Dragon Ninja
Hard 'n' Heavy
Sly Spy
Hades Nebula
Carlos
Nicky 2
Fire!
Spidertronic
Round the Bend

Fred
Championship Water-skii
Baal
Moon Patrol
Sky High Stuntman
War Machine
Volfied
Wild Life
Safari Guns
Mr Heli

Hell Raisers
Recovery
Soercery+
Verminator
Tennis
Wild Wheels
Vector Championship Run
Ikari Warriors
Adventures of Quik & Silva
Midnight Resistance

Wizkid
Turn 'n Burn
Stromtrooper
Paradroid 90
Mighty Bobmjack
Elf
Black Cauldron
Bombjack
I Ball
Time Soldier

Bio Challenge
STUN Runner
Apprentice
Nicky Boom
Starball
Robotron 2084
Mission Elevator
Boston Bombclub
Bolo
Battle Zone

Eagle's Rider
Cyber Assault
Cavemania
Steel
Beastlord
Blood Money
Mafdet
Leviathan
Operation Wolf
Crystal Castles

Winter Super Sports
Elvira the Arcade Game
Starray
Zool
Steigar
Treasure Trap
Scooby and Scrappy Doo
Dragon Spirit
Microprose Golf
Invaders

Blasteroids
Clownomania
Black Hornet
Star Wars
Arkanoid 2
Arkanoid
B17 Flying Fortress
F19 Stealth Fighter
Gunship
Infestation

Voyager
Escape from the Planet of Robot Monsters
Wacky Races
Silkworm
Quest for the Time Bird
Wrangler
Federation of Free Traders (FOFT)
Nevermind
Skychase
Stargoose

Chronicles of Omega
Pyramax
Future BIke
F1 Championship (Domark/Lankhor)
Vroom
Toyota Celica
Disc
Pipe Mania
Dragon's Flame
Tetra Quest

Lotus 3
HATE
War Heli
Flying Shark
Lotus 2
Lotus ..
Nightdown
Maupiti Island
Chuck Rock
Parasol Stars

EPIC
Twin World
Tom and the Ghost
F19 Retaliator
Turrican
Turrican 2
Fire & Ice
Harlequin
First Samurai
Big Nose

Chuck Rock
Simpsons,  Bart vs. the Space Mutants
Space Ace
Space Ace 2
Dragon's Lair
Dragon's Lair 2
Dragon's Lair 3
Dragon's Lair  Escape from Singe's Castle

Total count:  128  .

But, again, you can run a lot of older ones in simple set Steem, or with any hard disk driver. Condition is to not using D15R... files.

•  

èné

Thank you very much for your detailed answer and taking time to make that list

I think i have all the clues regarding games that use the Haga mode (green bg in dl page, RUNME.TOS instead of START.TOS and of of course the list above). I think i'm glad of the choice you made, i.e making your adaptations easier for everyone to handle with, I'm not sure if i understand everything and if it was the original purpose of Haga, but result is the same, now running your games require less manipulations (no more need of an image file, create a specific hard drive partition etc..). The Gamex system was pretty good but somewhat a bit complicated (at least for me), plus this mode is more dedicated for people who have real hardware  if i'm not mistaken. Carry on this way  :)

Quote from: Petari on 16-07-2012, 10:48:36
And why I talk so much, when all above is described on site ...
Couldn't find the Haga page  ::) - Link plz  :)

Edit : found it   ::)
  •