Adaptation of games continues ..

Started by Anemos, 04-11-2010, 15:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Anemos

Quote from: Petari on 22-12-2011, 13:46:43

All we want quality and problem less stuff, so what about helping little in it ?
That is truth .. how can help?
My system: Atari STE 4MB, OS: SuperTOS 2.06, HD: US/disk 4gb SDcard ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers, USB mouse adapter by me, PSX controller joy adapter by me,  full list of adaption,s games by Petari.
Second Atari machine: 1040 STF
Other: 2X Lilliput Atari 130 XE
  •  

Petari

How ? As said : testing, writing about how it went ...

Added  Ivanhoe - it was hard nut, but now works on range ST-TT-Falcon .
And best of the best: Dungeon Master - new release .
  •  

Anemos

Fire and ICE (last adapt)= working good
Ivanhoe = working good
Hoog = working good
Flimboquest =working good
Cadaver = working but (careful donot press L key,for unlimited lives.. game stop on logo publ)  if select "SPACE" (no unlimited lives) game stops on "EXPANDING DATA" label after first died, if select the right "H" key for unlimited lives all going fine!..

all tested on real machine STE 4MB-Tos 1.62, U/disk 4gb card ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers.
My system: Atari STE 4MB, OS: SuperTOS 2.06, HD: US/disk 4gb SDcard ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers, USB mouse adapter by me, PSX controller joy adapter by me,  full list of adaption,s games by Petari.
  •  

Anemos

Marry Xmas to all!
Continue testing..
---------------------------
Outrun Europa = working good
Alternate Reality = working good
Saint Dragon = working good
Risky Woods = working good
Gem stone Legend = working good
Captain Planet = working good
Heavy Metal Heroes = working good
Gemini Wing = working good
Pegasus = working good
Legend  = working good
Torvak the Warrior = working good
Jupiter Probe = working good
Dungeon Master (GX) = working good
Z-Out  = working good (perfect cracks and cheats!)
Magic Fly = problem? (after publiser logo, freezing black screen) but game can be out with F9 key..

"all tested on real machine STE 4MB-Tos 1.62, U/disk 4gb card ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers."
  •  

Petari

Thanx Anemos.
Considering Cadaver and Magic Fly.  I did not see problems with Cadaver. It just starts slower, with some pauses, because slow ingame depackers.
Magic Fly likes to freeze by start.  Just wait until scrolling finishes at start, then should go on.  These are really stoopid bugs, and appear even when run from floppies.  If still will not work for you, I will try some workarounds (and getting nice headache  :)  ).

•  

Anemos

Ninja Remix : working ok
Prison : ok
Marble Madness:ok
Resolution 101s: ok
Great Giana Sisters: ok
Honda RVF: ok
Jet: ok
Iron Lord: ok
Mini Golf: ok
Last Ninja 3: ok
Masterblazer: ok
Awesome: ok
Quartz: ok

Magic Fly: stills not run (waiting 3-4 min but nothing)
Motorhead: not run
F29 Retaliator : problem for some missions!,(if select mission "MIG cop"take message:COULDNT FIND MISS1.DAT) ,and for some other game crash..
  •  

Petari

Thanx.  I will retest them on my STE.
  •  

Petari

Motorhead:  updated.
Magic Fly: wait just some 10 seconds until first scroll finishes, then klick space for short. Menu should appear, select 'New'  .
  •  

Anemos

Motorhead: ok
Silent Service:ok
JimPower: ok
OutRUN: ok
Thunderhawk AH-73M: ok (control is default mouse or can be use Joy?)

Magic Fly: still not work for me.. after game title take black screen,but game can be go exit with F9 key.
  •  

neo

Hi there - quick note for Silent Service. Works fine, but I think the protection is still active. When you click war patrols and then click the wrong ship, you get remanded for training, whereas if you get the correct ship you go on patrol. Cheers Neo.
  •  

Petari

If it is all problems, then it is OK  :)  . I know about it, and did not remove check .  It is not hard to recognise those ~10 ship types.
But if is problem, I can add picture with answers - as did with another Microprose sim. Gunship .
  •  

neo

Ok thanks. I've got the manual so know which ships to choose, maybe worth while adding pics for those who haven't though.
  •  

Official Ninja

Hello PP. Really good to see you making your adaptions work with icd-pro. I have been enjoying Harlequin. Fun game. I tried Chuck Rock but it doesn't load unless I boot holding control. I didn't keep it as I avoid the adaptions that require me to do that, if I can find them elsewhere.

I should be getting an Ultra Satan soon. That will make transferring the larger games just so much easier. :)

•  

Petari

Hi Ninja  :)
Chuck Rock is one of first with HAGA system. In meantime I updated some things, but still need to do a lot. When HAGA will be finished, and I expect it in 2-3 months, then I will update all involved games.   Btw.  what launcher you used in case of Chuck Rock ? There is 2 :  START.TOS is classic GAMEX one, while RUNME.TOS is with HAGA, and with that you maybe don't need clean boot. And of course, all this stays in README file  :)

Considering that you avoid fixes which require pressing AltCtrl :  that's your choice. But I can say that it is very recommended to boot like that, if nothing else, from safety reasons. Then you will have not all those for gaming unnecessary ACCs and other resident things in RAM.

I have some 6 SCSI, 3  3.5 inch IDE and 3 2.5 inch IDE drives. But barely use them, when can do everything with Flash cards - on all ST(E), Mega ST(E), TT, Falcon. Less mess on table, no need for external power supply (Falcon can not reliable supply 3.5 inch drive). Less noise, faster work.
And true, file transfer is 'so much easier'  ::)   And you may discover, if using my whole images with autoboot driver, that things can be solved different than with Hddriver. But all it costs. At moment I have lot of work and testings because new idea implemented, considering usage of my driver in HAGA - and only benefit is to have 38KB more free RAM !  But it may be very useful on machines with only 1MB RAM. Pulling out maximum of limited, old HW is what I like to do.  Hmm, anyone still reading this ?  :P
  •  

Official Ninja

Quote from: Petari on 30-01-2012, 11:00:06
Hi Ninja  :)
Chuck Rock is one of first with HAGA system. In meantime I updated some things, but still need to do a lot. When HAGA will be finished, and I expect it in 2-3 months, then I will update all involved games.   Btw.  what launcher you used in case of Chuck Rock ? There is 2 :  START.TOS is classic GAMEX one, while RUNME.TOS is with HAGA, and with that you maybe don't need clean boot. And of course, all this stays in README file  :)

Considering that you avoid fixes which require pressing AltCtrl :  that's your choice. But I can say that it is very recommended to boot like that, if nothing else, from safety reasons. Then you will have not all those for gaming unnecessary ACCs and other resident things in RAM.

I have some 6 SCSI, 3  3.5 inch IDE and 3 2.5 inch IDE drives. But barely use them, when can do everything with Flash cards - on all ST(E), Mega ST(E), TT, Falcon. Less mess on table, no need for external power supply (Falcon can not reliable supply 3.5 inch drive). Less noise, faster work.
And true, file transfer is 'so much easier'  ::)   And you may discover, if using my whole images with autoboot driver, that things can be solved different than with Hddriver. But all it costs. At moment I have lot of work and testings because new idea implemented, considering usage of my driver in HAGA - and only benefit is to have 38KB more free RAM !  But it may be very useful on machines with only 1MB RAM. Pulling out maximum of limited, old HW is what I like to do.  Hmm, anyone still reading this ?  :P

I'm pretty sure with Chuck Rock I used RUNME.TOS. At that time I was using HDDriver. I've since switched to using ICDPRO, but haven't tried the game again.

On both my Mega STe computers I don't load anything except the hard disk driver. and the control panel has everything disabled except the General Options. The one to change CPU Speed and other settings. Its very basic.

Once I get my Ultra Satan I'll be able to play with a lot more things. I do like having the physical hard disks in the machines and I will configure my Ultra Satan to be a secondary device. To swap SD cards easily.
  •