Adaptation of games continues ..

Started by Anemos, 04-11-2010, 15:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

pandafox

First, thanks a lot for your work !
This is really great !

I have a problem with Deuteros.
I can see your video, your game is in English.
But whan I download it and run it with my ST the game si German...?

Must I do something special to play English ?
  •  

Petari

Deuteros is 3-langual:  English, German and French. After intro   language selection menu should appear. It is visible even on YouTube video.
Can you give me more details: exact machine model, TOS version, how many RAM, used hard disk driver ?
Maybe you pressed some key during intro, and that was the problem. To abort intro just click mouse.

•  

èné

Hello

I've noticed that you seem to 're-release' some old adaptations. For example, Lemmings 1&2, Jimmy Whites etc are games I downloaded quite a while ago, and now the same games are shown as the 'Newest Patch' on your site.. why is that ? is it for a possibly fix or because you've added some new features ? Should i keep the older files or replace them ?
  •  

pandafox

Quote from: Petari on 30-05-2011, 13:25:49
Deuteros is 3-langual:  English, German and French. After intro   language selection menu should appear. It is visible even on YouTube video.
Can you give me more details: exact machine model, TOS version, how many RAM, used hard disk driver ?
Maybe you pressed some key during intro, and that was the problem. To abort intro just click mouse.

Oh ok, I'm sorry because I think it is a problem with my Atari.  I think one keyboard key is blocked and it must be the problem... I will check that then.
Thanks for your help.
  •  

Petari

Quote from: èné on 31-05-2011, 00:50:32
Hello

I've noticed that you seem to 're-release' some old adaptations. For example, Lemmings 1&2, Jimmy Whites etc are games I downloaded quite a while ago, and now the same games are shown as the 'Newest Patch' on your site.. why is that ? is it for a possibly fix or because you've added some new features ? Should i keep the older files or replace them ?

New 're-releases' are mostly fixes for TT - there is new column 'TT' in table, as may see.  But not only TT fixes. In many cases I made additional improvements. So Lemmings 1-2, Jimmy White Snooker are now with gamex (were without). And there may be some additional data files, cheats in archives. So, I say that you DL them again. It's free :)
  •  

èné

Mostly for the TT thing then..

Haven't played these games yet, i will download them again

Thanks for clearing this out
  •  

èné

Petari, I have a problem with your Police Quest 2 patch. The game no longer responds at some point

Rather than trying to explain things, i prefer to upload a steem memory snapshot (gamex state don't work very well for me)

So once the savegame is loaded, just press ENTER then type "NO" - press ENTER twice and you will see you cannot do anything after that (ie you cannot type anything, only the cursor is still moving..)

I tried everything, fastforward steem then try to type something.. but nothing works

Please, can you test the steem snapshot (I attached part of the solution where I am currently in the game) - maybe the problem comes from me?

(tos 1.06 - 4mb)

http://www.2shared.com/file/dROOjZgY/pq2.html
  •  

èné

Finally got the game completed with another version..

I played the game from the start again (took me one hour to reach the same point) and it looks like it's a bug. For some reason (in both versions), you can no longer type anything, the Enter key doesn't work anymore etc...

Still in the other version i played with, the Space key still works, so you are able to type anything you wish.. This is quite weird and this lasts only for a very short time ???  After that, everything is fine again.  Anyway, that makes a big difference with your release as nothing works there (i.e even the Space key doesn't respond anymore)  :(

Ah well, could rescue Marie at least  :P
  •  

Petari

Yes, 'my' version stucks at that point - in airplane. But you should know that I used what is available around. In this case I added gamex for easier gamestate saves/restores, (and ironically, who played it thoroughly played under Steem, where it has no much sense :-)  )  I don't have originals for so many games. I found other version what works good (at least there for sure).   http://atari.8bitchip.info/PQ2E.ZIP

Btw. you should use game's save instead playing it again from start:  save before problem with game's option in menus. Then start other release and restore game with saved  :)   And it is recommended for similar cases in future (if possible) - instead Steem snapshot made with for me strange French TOS  + different directory, drive layout. All it is compicated to make to work, Gamesave file is simpler.
  •  

èné

Quote from: Petari on 14-06-2011, 14:10:34
Btw. you should use game's save instead playing it again from start:  save before problem with game's option in menus. Then start other release and restore game with saved  :)   And it is recommended for similar cases in future (if possible) -

That's what i tried at first, but for the life of me, i couldn't get it work proprely (with your release) - sometime files were missing or it kept loading - i probably messed up somewhere i think

Anyway, i dowloaded your PQ2E.ZIP and loaded a savegame from the other version which i completed the game with (this savegame was made using the 'ingame save' feature btw  :)) just out of curiosity, to see how it would work this time

Everything works fine, the savegame has been restored and now there are no more problem in the plane.. :)

Quote from: Petari on 14-06-2011, 14:10:34
But you should know that I used what is available around.
When I download a Petari release, i expect to have a correct game  >:(.  (crap)joking aside, I mean adapting games from cracked versions is a 'risky bet' - sometime it may be wiser to wait that a pasti version has been released,  unpleasant surprises might be avoided this way (especially when it comes to a big game, it's 'very unpleasant'  :))

I guess it's easy to criticize,  so no offence here, I obviously appreciate your work, moreover, it's the very first time I encounter a bug regarding your patches.. just an observation   ;)  (don't hate me for that  ;D )
  •  

Petari

Sometimes crack is not 100% OK. Sometimes images are corrupted - even Pasti is not 100% sure . Waiting for that Pasti arrives is not right idea, I guess. Some will never be pastified.  I see as only way what I managed with couple people, including you, I think :  testing game 'releases' by playing then thoroughly. Only then we can be sure that it is OK.  Myself can not test and play all games complete. I did it with some, as recently with Bolo - it is well made, and playing it until end with cheat took about 1 hr  :) But some games may take days, even with help and walkthrough,

In any case, you are right that taking crack is risky. I prefer Pasti images if they exist, or ST, MSA image of original. And sometimes is even easier to deal with original - protections are based on couple schemas, so after some experience it goes fast, especially with Steem Debugger. Crackers often add protections, which can be nasty, + there are some stoopid and not well coded depackers which are additional pain in the ass in already troublesome task. But I'm really not much interested in whole floppy protections area. It is obsolete now, at least. As on site stays, I do hard disk adaptations and TOS , TT, Falcon compatibility solutions in first place.

It would be good if more people do testings of game adaptations. Any bug report is welcome. I'll update PQ2 .
  •  

pandafox

ohohoh ! Today I can see CAPTIVE !!!

thanks a lot !!!   ;D ;D
  •  

Petari

Quote from: pandafox on 20-06-2011, 19:46:20
ohohoh ! Today I can see CAPTIVE !!!

You are welcome ...  But must say here that Captive was done already couple months ago. It is now just updated for TT.

Some people having problems to read whole game list ??  It is sorted by latest update/posting date by deault. But may change to alphabetical order if click on proper field. And there is scroll bar too :-)
  •  

Anemos

Good work petari thanks for added games on the list..
Well guys ,..its easy to found any title game on your browser (Ctrl + F) searching tool box..
My system: Atari STE 4MB, OS: SuperTOS 2.06, HD: US/disk 4gb SDcard ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers, USB mouse adapter by me, PSX controller joy adapter by me,  full list of adaption,s games by Petari.
Second Atari machine: 1040 STF
Other: 2X Lilliput Atari 130 XE
  •  

munchy

Hello,
I seem to have a couple of issues with crazy cars 3

Firstly ste tos 1.62 and1.06,ultrasatan and your driver:choose training mode from the main map and click on New York star[circuit].All the other cars are up in the air

I cant get past the intro under hd driver 8.13.Which version of hd driver do you test with?

cheers

•