Adaptation of games continues ..

Started by Anemos, 04-11-2010, 15:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

èné

Finally got it worked ! (easy enough  ;D )

I downloaded the quarter image file (added Baal in it) then added the image to the "File Image Path" in the pasti settings (size in mb: 232), change my Hard drive from C to I, 4MB RAM,  and after a reset, everything was there  :D

I tested the snapshot save function with Gamex and it worked  :)

I will upload a gamestate when level 1 is completed..

Thank you !
  •  

Petari

I recorded video guide for Steem real HD emul:  http://atari.8bitchip.info/RealHDES.html

Considering Baal bug :  somehow I'm not surprised. You have nose for selecting buggy games  ;D
But hopefully it will be not case with BAT 2 .

I did French version. Is on DL page. + there is some mine whining about Atari floppy images circulating on WEB. Vectronix release, called also 'Elite crack' has 4 files corrupted. And I bet that 99% of people has it in their archives  :(

I must say that I blame for this mess with bad images all around people like:  Marcer - one of main sources, but with limited knowledge and crap PC, , those who just copy and host files without checking - I have even a lot of bad ZIP and RAR archives DL-ed, idiots like D-Bug spreading incorrect and obsolete tech. infos + unable to correct own bad releases, even got reports about them years ago. People at 'great' Atari forum ignoring my pointings about this problem.

Everyone can do mistakes, but worst is ignoring of constructive critic and leaving bad stuff unfixed.
Poor Marcer can not get difference between cracking and hard disk adapting. Most of images on WEB is incorrectly oversized etc...
  •  

Petari

I updated Baal - because found bug in IKBD mode setting code, what results in ocassional not responding to commands on Falcon and in Steem.
So pls. DL it again before start serious gaming in Steem.
I want to see that end screenshot with correct palette  :) There is 2 pyramid good visible, with bad colors ...
  •  

èné

Quote from: Petari on 02-03-2011, 10:49:31
I updated Baal - because found bug in IKBD mode setting code, what results in ocassional not responding to commands on Falcon and in Steem.
So pls. DL it again before start serious gaming in Steem.
I want to see that end screenshot with correct palette  :) There is 2 pyramid good visible, with bad colors ...

Too late  :( I finished the game yesterday.. Who's late anyway me or you ?  :)

Your adaptation is fine Petari, there's of course this bug I talked about the other day (the "indestrutible generator"), but this bug is known in both ST and Amiga version, that's why I thought at first it was an error due to some bad programming in the code (I don't know if your new release fixes that, but I made a gamestate at this place - see below)

A little more annoying bug is at the end of the game - as usual -  against the final boss: briefly, you HAVE TO die because of the damage you receive, you cannot "survive". That's not a problem anyway as long as you have enough lives (basically, you need 2-3 lives to defeat him). Anyway, the bug appears while your man is being 'resurrected', the game can freezes at that moment (plenty number on the screen and nothing can be done after that..). That doesn't happen everytime though, a tactic is to stop shooting while you are resurrected and that should do the trick.. I already faced this bug with the Automation version. Anyway, I made a gamestate at this place too, just before the final fight (see below  :) )

Quote from: Petari on 01-03-2011, 11:52:55
Considering Baal bug :  somehow I'm not surprised. You have nose for selecting buggy games   ;D
Thank you for the compliment  ;D Are you referencing to those games I asked you to adapt some time ago (like Crazy Cars 2, Forgotten Worlds etc.. ;)) I do my best to avoid them.. pirated versions' fault, not mine  :)

Quote from: Petari on 01-03-2011, 11:52:55
But hopefully it will be not case with BAT 2 .

I did French version. Is on DL page.

Hopefully no bad surprise there, I'm a bit anxious considering the originals images-disk are craked versions - Do appreciate your effort anyway - thanks again  :)

Anyway, Baal's gamestate uploaded (Gamex):http://www.2shared.com/file/o8lguT_u/Baal_Gamex.html

I'd like too know if they work for you please

edit: press fire to access the next level
  •  

Petari

Just to clarify about Vectronix BAT 2 : I said intentionaly 'corrupted' . It is likely good crack, but during multiple file copies, transfers, storage couple bytes went damaged (what is enough for crash, errors).
As it was such on WEB for several years, almost everybody DL-ed it. But no one reported (at least I did not notice) . And I guess that there is much more of such.

BAT 2 was not copyprotected - crack needs to remove all code parts where dongle check is - it is about 10 place total - in Game and Creation.
  •  

èné

Petari, can't you do anything about the sound in B.A.T 2 ?  The MV16 option gives no sound while in the Monitor one, sound is very scratchy, what makes the adventure a bit unpleasant  :(

Quote from: èné on 02-03-2011, 12:53:27

Anyway, Baal's gamestate uploaded (Gamex):http://www.2shared.com/file/o8lguT_u/Baal_Gamex.html

I'd like too know if they work for you please

:)
  •  

Petari

Your GXP savs worked fine by me. I saw that endscreen finally - after some 20 sec. 'struggling' with end boss  :)
I'm glad that adapt. is OK. Don't think that will bother with game bugs - there is still many better game to deal with ...

BAT 2 sound: MV16 is for sure for some extra sound HW attachable on Ataris. It is if course not emulated. By me Monitor sound in Steem is good.
But must say that you need to spend some time with Steem's sound settings, if want good sound.
There are some hard to get options, best that try with diverse ways of sampling + delay settings .

Or try with Hatari - it has better sound by me.
  •  

èné

Quote from: Petari on 04-03-2011, 10:30:46
By me Monitor sound in Steem is good.
But must say that you need to spend some time with Steem's sound settings, if want good sound.
There are some hard to get options, best that try with diverse ways of sampling + delay settings .

Interesting and good to know - Will try various settings in the sound option then, possibly do a google search as well - Thanks
  •  

STmartin

Hi Petari!

Can you repair download links for Heimdall? I have got this error when I click on download links. Can you repair it?

Regards  :)

Martin
My Atari computers:
-Atari 520 STE, 4 MB RAM, TOS 1.06, Satandisk, SM 144 monitor
-Atari 1040 STFM, 1 MB RAM, TOS 1.02, SM 124 monitor
  •  

Petari

•  

munchy

Hi,just wanted to say thank you for the adaptation of crazy cars 3,one of my requested titles.You are too kind :)
  •  

munchy

Hi there,after hours of playing noddys playtime (with my grandson) :)there is an issue that continually arises.whilst in the various games random things take place
POST - you hear the car noise and the mouse pointer continually travels left to right across the screen
LETTER RECOGNITION (PC Plod ends up in a barrel of water) the same as above
NOAHS ARK - similar you have to restart it and go back to the first level

It seems pretty random as to when these gremlins kick in but not too long into playing and you often get this sequence - randomly hear noddys car,do you want to continue yes/no menu appears, I Click yes and then the mouse pointer is moving and ...have to restart

Cheers for now

•  

Petari

Maybe I did not fix well STOS for higher TOS versions.
What is your TOS version with which playing ?
Can you post me snapshot near to problem ?
  •  

munchy

Hello,
The best thing i can do is take systematic snapshots and then send you the one that is closest to where problems begin.
atari ste tos 1.06, 4mb,ultrasatan,your driver.

Also, have been playing arkanoid the last few weeks with my family but it is not saving the high score table.
I hope you dont think i am not appreciative of your work,this is not the case at all,im simply pointing out issues if i find them.I think by nature hard drive adapting will be problematic and sometimes problems will only show when field tested/user experience and then hopefully ironed out.

I am extremely grateful for your time and efforts freely given,i only wish i had the talent to do some of it myself :)
  •  

Petari

I do not make highscore saving to hard disk support (unlike Klaz). The reason is that I'm too lazy for that - or nicer said I don't care for high scores.
In fact, when there is snapshot saving (Gamex), usually highscores are saved too within, so really don't see why to bother with separated high score saving in hard disk file.

I think that it would be better if I would get more feedback from users. Any good-willing feedback is welcome, even if sometimes all is because of misunderstanding or low technical knowledge.

"Systematic snapshots" ? - You mean taking periodically Gamex snapshots ?  That will be OK. Then I can continue on Steem Debugger set for same TOS and hard disk driver (later likely not relevant).

Back to highscore savings:  yes, it is some kind of "by nature of hard disk adaopting" - need to find code part where it is saved onto floppy and replace it with code which saves into some file on hard disk, current DIR. It may be sometiems easier, sometimes harder. But in all cases, highscore will go into snapshot, as it contains complete RAM used by game. I just got idea:  likely may be easier to take highscores from snapshot file. Then it may be saves in separated file. More interesting is that later some other highscore can be injected in snapshot file ...
  •