Adaptation of games continues ..

Started by Anemos, 04-11-2010, 15:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Petari

Quote from: johnz on 26-01-2011, 23:56:41
other point it's impossible to finish outrun europa it freezes in the four or five level i don't exactly remember :-(

Fixed. Now playable until end . And all again if someone will want to do it :)
  •  

johnz

i've tried pitfighter on my falcon (using your drivers and without anything in memory) the game crash when you hit fire button to skip the introduction ( we can hear the music but there's no display ).

i will try the new batch of outrun europa ( a truly good game ^^ )
  •  

Petari

Just wait little after game start. It will then work good. Code is pretty crappy.

Considering race games:  didn't like much Outruns - low framerate, bad command response.  Cisco Heat is on the other side pretty fast.
  •  

johnz

cisco heat is fully unplayable and totaly crappy game.  i'm sad that robinson requiem crashes after the menu screen( nothing happen when you launch the game) i've never be able to finish the game because all versions of the game that i have crash ( amiga, atari st and falcon ).
for pitfighter it definitively doesn't work. after the loading message there is a blackscreen and the music continues :-(.

please save us ppera ^^
  •  

Petari

Robinson Requiem works here fine on ST, Mega STE, Falcon. I played it 2 hours without problem.
Considering Pitfighter: as I said it is not stable. I spent too much time with that dumb coded, jerky game.
Here works fine on Falcon if wait some 20-30 secs after start.

Unless you give me more relevant details I can not 'save you'  :)
  •  

johnz

are you sure that you're using the same version of robinson requiem? because on my mega ste it doesn't work too.
maybe it needs rgb display for the falcon?
  •  

Petari

Robinson R. is late Atari game, so Mega STE and Falcon + hard disk compatible. I actually did nothing with it, just posted on site as found.
Of course that I use and tested what is on site.
Maybe you have some minor HW error on (some) machine - what means that simpler games work, and more advanced ones not always.
It works with TV out on Falcon - PAL mode.
  •  

johnz

maybe it's because i'm using a vga display? i've ordered a rgb interface i will see if it runs better
  •  

blaylok

Hi Petari would there be any chance i could add 2 excellant public domain adventure games to your already excellant list of hard disk adapted adventure games? The games are, Grandad the search for the holey vest, and, Grandad 2 in search of sandwiches. Also maybe when u have time, Cannon Fodder, please. Thank you.
  •  

Petari

Quote from: blaylok on 05-02-2011, 16:57:32
Hi Petari would there be any chance i could add 2 excellant public domain adventure games to your already excellant list of hard disk adapted adventure games? The games are, Grandad the search for the holey vest, and, Grandad 2 in search of sandwiches. Also maybe when u have time, Cannon Fodder, please. Thank you.

I checked Grandad games:  not PD. , but shareware - there are some restrictions without registration. But I see some cracked versions around...  They are hard disk runnable, but problem is bad TOS compatibility - work not with 2.06 and higher ones (Falcon).
So, it will need some time to fix them. Problem is actually STOS and it's poor solved mouse and joystick reading.
  •  

johnz

hi petari

so i've played tmht 2 and the game crash in level 4 i don't know if it's a random crash or not. it's sad it's a enjoyable game.
shinobi crash'n'burn after the title screen ( the same thing that occurs after the pit fighter intro).

is it possible to have a full working version of final fight?

thank you very much you are our last hope for atari hd games :-)
  •  

johnz

i've forgotten one thing. i wanted to know if you're hddriver are ct63 friendly?
  •  

Petari

Quote from: johnz on 08-02-2011, 18:22:45...
so i've played tmht 2 and the game crash in level 4 i don't know if it's a random crash or not. it's sad it's a enjoyable game.
shinobi crash'n'burn after the title screen ( the same thing that occurs after the pit fighter intro).
is it possible to have a full working version of final fight?...
Something is definitely wrong by you. Shinobi never made me problems on Falcon or any ST, Steem.
I will check TMHT later ...
Is it possible ... ? By me, everything is possible :-). I'm just doing some serius improvements with whole Gamex, driver stuff.... See thread about .... So Final Fight later .
  •  

Petari

Quote from: johnz on 09-02-2011, 13:49:31
i've forgotten one thing. i wanted to know if you're hddriver are ct63 friendly?

I don't have CT. Likely not CT63 friendly. But if it is turned off, should be no problem - with driver self. However with games may be still problems, even if CT is off.  To be sure (and I would like that someone test it) you need to perform some tests:

With CT off, Falcon set to 16 MHz do reliabilility tests with program AHPT     http://atari.8bitchip.info/ahpt.html  .

If it says 0 Read back errors  then no problems with my driver and CT.
However, errors may be because of CF card.  For instance by me Sandisk works flawless, but Kingston makes write errors. So, CF card brand, type is relevant.
  •  

johnz

i use a 30 go fujitsu hard disk drive. tmht 2 works well eventualy. i will receive my rgb interface and will see if there will be an improvement in game compatibility. also i will have a ct63 and of course, will be a beta tester for gamex games :-).

if your hd drivers crash with the ct63 i will try hd driver standard partitions on an hd drive and a compact flash in ide 2 with windows compatible partitions.

what is the configuration of your atari falcon?
  •