Adaptation of games continues ..

Started by Anemos, 04-11-2010, 15:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

johnz

hello

i've tried to test turbo outrun but the problem is that it's not the same archive that the one we can see in your video. it has no executable.
  •  

Petari

Quote from: johnz on 20-01-2011, 14:03:18
i've tried to test turbo outrun but the problem is that it's not the same archive that the one we can see in your video. it has no executable.
Fixed.
  •  

Petari

Quote from: munchy on 19-01-2011, 23:09:18
Whilst on the subject of pop,if you do look at the game again i noticed bug with most potions not  giving any health back whilst playing level 2 today. Nice to use gamex, a modern system on a vintage computer :)

I guess that you selected unlim. health. When it is active no health increase by collecting potions.
  •  

munchy

no i did not ;) It is by most potions but not all
  •  

Anemos

Mass attack of adventure adaption games!
congrats petari.
My system: Atari STE 4MB, OS: SuperTOS 2.06, HD: US/disk 4gb SDcard ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers, USB mouse adapter by me, PSX controller joy adapter by me,  full list of adaption,s games by Petari.
Second Atari machine: 1040 STF
Other: 2X Lilliput Atari 130 XE
  •  

Petari

Quote from: munchy on 21-01-2011, 22:04:46
no i did not ;) It is by most potions but not all

As I said, game is not well coded. Hard to imagine that gamex or any other thing what I done makes this problem (or sound related one). In any case, I played it complete until end with help of cheat.
  •  

Petari

Quote from: Anemos on 21-01-2011, 23:59:50
Mass attack of adventure adaption games!
congrats petari.

It is good to do games from same house (programmers) in short time period. There are many common, similar code parts, so can faster find solutions.
  •  

munchy

QuoteAs I said, game is not well coded. Hard to imagine that gamex or any other thing what I done makes this problem (or sound related one). In any case, I played it complete until end with help of cheat.

Im using the other included version anyway because the sound is true to my original floppies.I think one of the features of this game is its sampled sound and its a shame to part lose it whatever the reason may be.What other games are there that are very similar to this one being that i like it so much...and dont say all platform games :)
  •  

munchy

And if i may be so BOLD ;D, and it seems to be accepted practice.....

Here is a little selection of games that i would like to see adapted

crazy cars 3
psion chess
golden path

Heres hoping :)

•  

Petari

I found the problem with Prince of Persia. Sound was worse because I limited RAM for game to 512KB. Now made variant for 2MB (+) machines, where 1MB is for game. And sound is really better. Pretty strange that no any info, warning about that sound quality is worse on 512KB (machines).
Only bad thing is that with it savestates are 1MB instead 512KB. Get it on usual place ...

Crazy Cars 3 ? CC2 was not enough bad  ;D
Psion Chess should be not problem ...
  •  

Hempsa

Thanks for all the great adventure games (and for others of course too :)). Now Turtles 1 & 2 are the only games that I'm hoping to be adapted (of games that I can remember playing a lot).
  •  

munchy

QuoteI found the problem with Prince of Persia.

Thats brilliant! thank you very much indeed.Im glad you could hear the difference.Back to Gamex then :)

Crazy Cars 3 is a game i play regularly.....from floppies :'(
  •  

Petari

Did Golden Path + some karate oldies. Considering  Psion Chess:  it works well via Floppy Image Runner, so I don't see reason to bother with fixing it to work from any DIR (what is not so easy). It may not work for you - depending on how is cracked. In case of problems ask, and I will post my copy/crck.
  •  

johnz

thank you for the new games.
is it possible to have an hd version of simpsons bart vs the world please?
  •  

johnz

other point it's impossible to finish outrun europa it freezes in the four or five level i don't exactly remember :-(
  •