Adaptation of games continues ..

Started by Anemos, 04-11-2010, 15:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

blaylok

Hi Petari,

Thank you for hard disk adapting maniac mansion. It is one of my favourites :-)

cheers
  •  

Anemos

ppera adaption works is perfect,i have seen like this Atari games works, from old Atari crews as long time ago..
is really strange and hard coz he works alone with out any helping from others Atari team-users peoples..
klapuzius looks like stoped,so,i thing the petari is a one of the best to keep a live this scene .. 
is a truth or no? or somebody,s do not want see the truth.. i dunno..maybe i have problem with my eyes..  :D
cheers to petari.
My system: Atari STE 4MB, OS: SuperTOS 2.06, HD: US/disk 4gb SDcard ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers, USB mouse adapter by me, PSX controller joy adapter by me,  full list of adaption,s games by Petari.
Second Atari machine: 1040 STF
Other: 2X Lilliput Atari 130 XE
  •  

johnz

hi ppera
so i have prepared an hd disk drive with 512 mo partitions and it seems to work.
i wanted to know if it's possible to have a 512 mo partition for launching your games and other 1 go partitions?
  •  

Petari

Quote from: johnz on 13-01-2011, 11:04:43
hi ppera
so i have prepared an hd disk drive with 512 mo partitions and it seems to work.
i wanted to know if it's possible to have a 512 mo partition for launching your games and other 1 go partitions?

Yes.
  •  

johnz

so if i want to launch your games i have to put them all in a 512 mo partition and then in others 1 go partitions i will put my others files.
and everything will be ok?

i also have to mention that i ve got some problem about recognition of my hard drive with your driver but when it works it works well ^^
  •  

Anemos

Quote from: johnz on 13-01-2011, 16:36:53
so if i want to launch your games i have to put them all in a 512 mo partition and then in others 1 go partitions i will put my others files.
and everything will be ok?

yes that works fine, you can transfer files from first partition "C" to others E,F,G ect.. (on your ST),and working fine.
on PC now.. you can see as drive and transfer files only the first partition "C" ,but you can see all partition and all files via "Drive-imaging" program by petari ;)
My system: Atari STE 4MB, OS: SuperTOS 2.06, HD: US/disk 4gb SDcard ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers, USB mouse adapter by me, PSX controller joy adapter by me,  full list of adaption,s games by Petari.
Second Atari machine: 1040 STF
Other: 2X Lilliput Atari 130 XE
  •  

johnz

all right.

i was thinking about a gamex version of chase hq1 and 2, teenage mutant heroes turtles 1 and 2, shinobi, shadowgate, the uninvited. can you try to do something to port them?

thank you
  •  

Petari

I'm for doing all requested quality games. But at moment there is a lot on list ... So, it may take little more time ...

Considering hard disk driver:  I replied in other thread. Just to confirm: do not use freeware driver which needs BIGDOS - it is not for gaming. Other is freeware too in fact, just no installation program - it goes with disk image (as part of image). Should be OK for drives, CF cards up to 4GB.
  •  

Hempsa

Old sierra adventures would be perfect for HD adapting. Some of them are already adapted/cracked, but many crack requires floppy when playing from HD.

King's Quest 1-4 (kq2 - couldn't find even an image that would run from HD)
Leisure Suit Larry 1-3
Space Quest 1-3
Police Quest 1-2
Gold Rush
Codename Iceman
Quest For Glory
The Colonel's Bequest
Conquests Of Camelot
Manhunter 1-2
  •  

munchy

Hi,not sure if this is an issue or not but prince of persia has two versions.one seems to be ok but the gamex version is clipping all of the sounds to very short bursts on my ste.Is this a known issue?

cheers :)
  •  

Petari

Quote from: Hempsa on 16-01-2011, 22:37:00
Old sierra adventures would be perfect for HD adapting. Some of them are already adapted/cracked, but many crack requires floppy when playing from HD.

King's Quest 1-4 (kq2 - couldn't find even an image that would run from HD)
Leisure Suit Larry 1-3
Space Quest 1-3
Police Quest 1-2
Gold Rush
Codename Iceman
Quest For Glory
The Colonel's Bequest
Conquests Of Camelot
Manhunter 1-2

Some of listed is already done, FYI .
Some are already on my list ... Patience :)
  •  

Petari

Quote from: munchy on 17-01-2011, 16:53:29
Hi,not sure if this is an issue or not but prince of persia has two versions.one seems to be ok but the gamex version is clipping all of the sounds to very short bursts on my ste.Is this a known issue?

First time hear it.
  •  

munchy

I checked it against the youtube demo you have uploaded,you can hear it there.If you compare it to the other version of pop that comes with the download you will see what i mean.One nice elongated sounds the other stunted and clipped sounds,funny eh :)
  •  

Petari

My ears aren't so good  :) And speakers are low quality too  :o
As remember. I did some fixes in first POP adaptation, including sample playback rutine. But fixes were mostly to achieve that game work under higher TOS versions . Actually, I did crazy thing - disassembled whole executable, fixed a lot of code and reassembled. It took pretty much time, but I'm not sure that it is 100% OK, considering possibility to play it until end. And I think that I did it with some crack, not original. Gamex adapt. uses TOS 1.04 for game, so there are no fixes - it means that you hear sound through original (pretty poor) code.
But it is done from original, deprotected by me, and I tested until end, so it is complete.
What is possible to do is that I take fixed audio  playback code and add it to gamex version. Will see later ...
Someone else noticed sound problems mentioned ?
  •  

munchy

Whilst on the subject of pop,if you do look at the game again i noticed bug with most potions not  giving any health back whilst playing level 2 today. Nice to use gamex, a modern system on a vintage computer :)
  •