Adaptation of games continues ..

Started by Anemos, 04-11-2010, 15:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Petari

Few words about Potsworth :  it was pretty much troublesome because separated loaders for each part, + lot of copy protections. Therefore I needed to test all levels. But game is extremely hard - I finished only 1st and 3rd level. So, I added start level selection to be able to test all 6 levels. What will be good for players too, since it may be very frustrating when find not some small piece in large maps, and can not exit level.
Would be good that people test it and play all levels. then write here about how made it.  Game looks really good, so would be nice to put walkthroughs for all levels on YouTube, what I can do, but need some help for levels .
  •  

ataricrypt

Glad you seemed to have enjoyed this one, I also thought it was a pretty amazing game. Very hard though in parts, as you said. I hope to find time later to play this - thank you for the release. Appreciated :D
AtariCrypt . . stay cool & stay ATARI ST
Atari MEGA STe | Atari STe | MiNT OS 1-19 Aranym OS X
  •  

seblalisse

Hello

What about the classic games by Sinister ?

There is a very nice version of Asteroids by them, and a nice Centipede too.

The same for Galaxian and Space Invaders.

You did Painter i think, a nice game they did too but i didn't see the other games mentioned.

If needed i must have Centipede and Asteroids somewhere, i can provide both, the links on their website don't work anymore.

Thanks

•  

mushi

Hello, great to see new adaptations so frequently!
Could you update Cadaver with HAGA?
Thank you!
  •  

mushi

Actually, I'm not sure haga would solve the problem I have with cadaver.
the games hangs while loading  ("expanding data") after the intro text on my falcon. I tried from a <512mb partition and encountered the same problem.
I did a test in hatari falcon too, and the same thing happened.
  •  

Petari

I will do HAGA version soon. Together with The Pay Off expansion. Error seems as compatibility problem, if not will investigate it.
Game is good, so deserves some time.
  •  

ataricrypt

•  

ataricrypt

Quote from: Petari on 12-11-2015, 10:08:08http://atari.8bitchip.info/GamexUsage.html

Hello again  : )

I've got HDDriver as you know. I've followed the link above and followed the guide there. Upon rebooting my ST doesn't say it's using 34k but instead says 60k. I've gone into hddriver settings lots of times and tried to force Cache For FAT/DATA = 1. But I think the minimum must be 2 as it doesn't allow lower...?

The game I'm trying to play is Defender 2.
http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/defn2.html
and this is reporting Too Much Low Ram Occupied...

Ultrasatan / latest HD Driver / Mega STE / TOS 2.06

Appreciate any advice, thanks very much.
Steve
  •  

Petari

On this page is given minimum RAM usage setting:  http://atari.8bitchip.info/GamexUsage.html
So, Cache for FAT 2, Cache for DATA 2 - those are TOS minimums, not HDDriver's .  Additional folders 0. Really no need for then when play games.
60 KB you got is min. with 512 KB partitions. TOS 2.06 eats more RAM than lower versions. But it should work. Try clean boot - hold down Ctrl. while booting - then will not load ACCs and other resident stuff.
  •  

ataricrypt

Thanks for explaining that, I was pulling out my hair with HDDriver :-)
Steve
  •  

munchy

Hi Peter

Could i be so bold as to request an adaptation of "super off road" the super sprint variant
Great to see you still supporting our machines
  •  

munchy

Hi Peter,Thank you for super off road,we have spent many a happy hour playing super sprint.
Great stuff!
  •  

Anemos

Nice pack Peter, the small atari community we say thank you.
;)
My system: Atari STE 4MB, OS: SuperTOS 2.06, HD: US/disk 4gb SDcard ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers, USB mouse adapter by me, PSX controller joy adapter by me,  full list of adaption,s games by Petari.
Second Atari machine: 1040 STF
Other: 2X Lilliput Atari 130 XE
  •  

èné

I am testing Iron Lord, french v. http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/ironls.html

Sadly the game freezes right after you win the wargame part. I wanted to test because of your hack for the maze section but it seems I can't even get there.

I know you put a lof of work in your adaptations and I thank you for that, also that there will always be a chance for a patch to fail (like bad source etc) but as for me I don't think i will test another one (ie start from scrach to see yet again another corrupted game/patch near the end). I've encountered this situation too many times, too much frustrating.

Steem 1.06 2mb
  •  

èné

QuoteIron Lord - Freezes after wargame part. That game is really buggy.
The cracked version I have works fine, ie no freeze after the wargame part but of course the maze section is unfinished. Maybe the game simply doesn't support any modifications, possibly the image (source) you worked with wasn't ok
  •