Adaptation of games continues ..

Started by Anemos, 04-11-2010, 15:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Petari

Uploaded Fire and Ice on 000space.com.
Btw. in case of problems with 000space better go here:  http://atari.8bitchip.info/
  •  

pieman

Hi Petari

Awesome adaption work recently  ;D  If I still had a wish list then the following classic from The Bitmap Brothers are on it.

Speedball 2
Chaos Engine
Magic Pockets
Gods
  •  

munchy

HI,firstly i would like to say thanks for the speedy adaptation of noddys playtime :)I have written a 2gb and 512mb image to an sd card for satandisk/ultrsatan using winimage  and though i can see the content on my laptop nothing is happening on either of my ste at bootup. I am using vista on my laptop and my ste are 1.62.Any ideas?
thanks again :)
  •  

Anemos

Hi,try to use the "Drive image" http://atari.8bitchip.info/drimus.php
Is working for me fine,with WinXP system,dunno about Vista.
My system: Atari STE 4MB, OS: SuperTOS 2.06, HD: US/disk 4gb SDcard ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers, USB mouse adapter by me, PSX controller joy adapter by me,  full list of adaption,s games by Petari.
Second Atari machine: 1040 STF
Other: 2X Lilliput Atari 130 XE
  •  

munchy

Have unzipped noddys playtime to an sd card with hd driver for now,its looking great apart from paintpot, when you click the pictures to paint them you get a disk request [hit a key] and you cant load them
cheers for now :) oh and if i may make a suggestion the forum is a little bit hidden isnt it? it could do with being with everything else on the left hand menu pane
  •  

Petari

I did not notice that there is option to load/save pictures  :)
Will check for it. Likely, will need to hold/copy pictures in game's folder to make it work ...

Considering problems with seeing SD card contents , or maybe writing problems: some people reported problems with Windows Vista. I can not help about it, except to recommend that using other Windows version  ;)
  •  

Petari

Fixed Noddy's  Playtime Painter picture save and load of 2 "Loco-fill" pics from hard drive...
Read README.TXT for some more details ...
  •  

munchy

Hi,still having problems writing disk images,have tried win xp using both winimage and driveimage but to no avail.Still nothing happening ste/ultrasatan end,just boots to standard 2 floppy desktop.Same on both my ste.The strange thing is i have used peras driver before and it worked well so i know thats not the issue, maybe i am doing something wrong with the image?
  •  

Petari

I have similar problem with my STE and UltraSatan - it boots not. But SD cards is written OK, and it boots on other machine (Mega STE). So, likely some error around DMA circuit in STE.
Other possibility is Satandisk error. It would be good if you could check it on another machine.
Or to reread SD card to some other file and compare with orginal file.
  •  

munchy

Ok, Have tried on my only other machine an stfm and had the same result,still no boot :(Ihave used a 2gb image and 512 mb image.,no luck im afraid.A sandisk and kodak card respectively....but can see the contents on my pc
  •  

Anemos

A problem also coming from card readers..here is my solutions..  ;)
try to use MicroSD with adapter SD to your UltraSD..
but! write the image on your PC with USB stick like this one

Or use MicroSD with adapter SD direct to PC to write/read with this USB card reader

My system: Atari STE 4MB, OS: SuperTOS 2.06, HD: US/disk 4gb SDcard ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers, USB mouse adapter by me, PSX controller joy adapter by me,  full list of adaption,s games by Petari.
Second Atari machine: 1040 STF
Other: 2X Lilliput Atari 130 XE
  •  

Petari

Maybe Windows corrupted Atari bootsector checksum.
To cure it DL:  http://atari.8bitchip.info/MBR_FIX.ZIP
Run file MBRFACSI.TOS from floppy with Satandisk - with inserted card, attached to your Atari.
Then reboot.
  •  

munchy

HI,nice to see a couple of ste games recently adapted,any idea how many ste only games were poduced?
  •  

Petari

Not much. Max some 20. Examples: Obsession, Substation, Sleepwalker, Pacman OE ...

Many more is made with usage of STE extra capabilities as 4096 colors, HW scroll, DMA audio .
Examples: Magic Boy - DMA audio, HW scroll, colors. Chaos Engine - HW scroll .

STE came little too late, and sales were not big (Amiga took lead in meantime). So, game houses did not made big effort.

One nice thing in all this:  STE is very compatible with ST. Actually, I did not see any ST game what really can not work on STE. All problems were because of:  TOS version incompatibility or bugs in programs - like writes in bad HW register areas, which are not present on ST, only on STE, so by ST nothing happened while on STE we had diverse errors, crashes. Example: Grandmoster Slam - screwed screen on STE.
  •  

johnz

hello

is it possible to have an hd version of turbo outrun ( with 16 mhz support it could be interesting) , a fully working version of pit fighter would be nice, rtype, and also i wanted to have a playable version of renegade ( the game only works on a 520 stf ), street fighter 1 and 2 ( dbug version is ass ), continental circus, big run.

thanks pal
  •