Cartridge port IDE IF design finished (project CATA)

Started by Petari, 09-09-2010, 14:13:56

Previous topic - Next topic

johnz

it would be useful for my atari ste :-).

i've also some games request for gamex ^^
  •  

Waltermixxx

any chance this will be a do it yourself project as well with released schematics and part list :)
Cheers ... :)
  •  

thgill

Very interested in buying one of these. If the price is under $100, I would most likely order two of them.

Something I could plug into the cartridge port and then plug in a CF card would be awesome. My Mega would love it!

•  

bid

Hi.

I am also intersted in one of these IDE cards. I must say I am very impressed with your website. And an IDE adaptor for the ST and STe is sorely lacking at the moment!!

I however, do not have the tools to build one. But I would express interest in purchasing at least one if they are reasonable.

Kind regards,
John
  •  

thgill

Bump.

Any update on this?

Would be nice if someone sold these pre-built or at least sold the PCB's to DIY them at home.

•  

Petari

I agree, it would be nice. Myself can not currently go in some manufacturing.
  •  

jester

I don't know if you have found solution to produce this PCB but I know a french person which has the equipment, skill and passion of Atari for building some specimen... not in an industrial way but he could certainly produce some PCB.
I can give you contact information if you want for direct exchange with him (he is not a fan of forum).
  •  

Petari

Currently I have one man in UK, who is about to start ACSI-CF adapter manufacturing (the simplest one). He is thinking about CATA too, but maybe some months later.
It would be good to have manufacturer for CATA too. So, please give me contact info .
  •  

Anemos

happy to hear again about this.. (every photos,infos, on first post is missing..)
well..all waiting for good news..
My system: Atari STE 4MB, OS: SuperTOS 2.06, HD: US/disk 4gb SDcard ,ppera v0.98 HD drivers, USB mouse adapter by me, PSX controller joy adapter by me,  full list of adaption,s games by Petari.
Second Atari machine: 1040 STF
Other: 2X Lilliput Atari 130 XE
  •  

Thorsten Günther

Quote from: Petari on 04-09-2012, 14:33:47
It would be good to have manufacturer for CATA too. So, please give me contact info .

The user alexh of atari-forum.com publicly showed interest in producing CATA some months ago, but seemed unable to register for this forum back then!? Perhaps you should also contact him over there.

I am very interested in purchasing one or more of these myself.
  •  

Petari

I already contacted Alexh - he is interested about ACSI-CF adapter manufacturing.  For Cartridge port IF I have talk with one French HW maker. Will see what will be result ...
  •  

Cyprian

Quote from: Petari on 29-12-2010, 13:31:07Unfortunately it works not really good on Falcon
what's difference between bus timing in ST and Falcon from cartridge point of view?
  •  

Petari

Quote from: Cyprian_K on 14-10-2012, 16:53:47
what's difference between bus timing in ST and Falcon from cartridge point of view?
Timing is 'dictated' by CPU. So, it is different with 68030. Even at 8MHz clock. Pipeline and cache makes things even worse. Basically, reading is not bad, but writing is just too unreliable.
  •  

Cyprian

do you mean that in ST access to cartridge is rounded to 4 cycles (2Mhz) and in Falcon to two (8MHz)?
  •  

Petari

Higher speed should be not problem for modern disks. But this special writing likes constant speed and timing, what is not the case by 68030.
Even with cache off it is still not enough constant - I guess because pipeline. All it would need too much time and possibly additional components, while Falcon people is already equipped with hard disks, CF cards, so I don't see the point .
  •